13 September 2021

Prayers for Mother Earth


When we pray for Mother Earth, we pray also for ourselves, and vice-versa. 
This is because we are ONE with the Earth Mother.

My prayers use to be questions, and requests of Her.
Now my prayers are mostly unspoken.
I seek only to be in communion with the Divine.
Most often, my prayer is simply listening. Listening to the quiet sounds of nature 
- the wind rustling the trees, the water lapping upon the lakeshore, birdsong -
Listening to the rhymical sounds of my own heartbeat and breath....
Listening to the sounds of chant, singing bowls or hypnotic hymns....

Listening to Devi Prayer is like floating down a slow moving river on a bed of flowers in the twilight at days end.... My mind is quiet and at peace, my body surrenders to being held, my heart opens - with the rise and fall of each breath. 

O! Divine prayerful meditative bliss.... 


And, as I listen, the closer I feel to Her. 
And, the closer I feel to my own authentic essence. 

Jaya Devotional is truly so beautiful. 
Her voice and the lyrics are a blessing.
I've shared my favorites.
Follow the links to find yours....

Devi Prayer

Divine Mother in the Rose


The Earth is your Mother and Grandmother. 
When you walk on the Earth, 
you are making a prayer to her.
― Burleigh Muten

Mother Earth Speaks:

You live in my womb,
learn from my seasons
and grow old in my arms

Listen to my heart
I give you garments
woven in gold

I bless your arrival
then let you fly free
knowing forever we are one
you and I.

― Ramon Ravenswood

We are nature.
Our bodies carry its swimming waters.
We are made of the soil
and eat the plants that grow from it.
From dust to dust
we come and go.

Each time I bring
my hands to my heart
in prayer,
flowing my body with my breath,
it is devotional,
a dance with the earth
and of the earth.

I dance with every tree,
sway with the wind,
bloom with every flower
in my being.

My breath,
Mother Earth,
is yours.

—the whole planet is in me.

 Ashley Asti


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your insight, questions or blessings.